I am Woman, Read This Blog

Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Possible Explanation

My kids love to have us tell stories about funny things they did when they were younger. Then they re-tell the stories back to us and say "wasn't that so funny?". We were sitting at the table after school doing homework and having a snack the other day when the kids started telling these stories. Miles' favorites are the time he said his first word: ball. It wasn't because he loved to play with a ball, it was because we were having spaghetti for dinner and he wanted more meatballs. His other favorite was when James was holding the camera and Miles said, "I wanna see the say cheese!" Savanna talked about when she was about 6 months old and she crawled out onto the driveway in the rain and splashed in the puddles. She also talked about when she was about the same age and we would say "Savanna, say yay!" and she would put both of her short little arms in the air above her head. During this story telling Avery piped up and said, "Remember the time when I was a baby and I screamed and cried every time you put me in my cage?" Um, what? "Yeah, the cage in Savanna's room!" Wait, what? So I said, "Avery, when you were a baby, did you think your crib was a cage?" "Yes!" OH MY GOSH! This is it! This explains why she never slept through the night by herself until we put her in a big girl bed! She thought we were locking her away in a cage! :)

2 comments:

  1. That's crazy! I can't believe that she even remembers that. Poor girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My children will need therapy after I'm done raising them. As Moms, we do our best and hope our children know that we really are trying!!

    ReplyDelete