I am Woman, Read This Blog

Friday, May 13, 2011

Third Time's a Charm!


This year the Provo City 5K was held on May 7th and it was the best one yet! The last two years it has been raining/snowing and freezing. They were both fun of course, but this year the weather was absolutely perfect. This year I was also in much better shape than last year, who runs a 5K two months after having a baby? I set a regular training schedule and stuck to it and, surprise! It totally worked! I finished thinking, I want to run another one right now! Hopefully I can keep it up so I can redeem myself at the Speedy Spaniard this year and not come in nearly last place like 2 years ago, who runs a 10K when they are 2 1/2 months pregnant? Although I have accepted the fact that I don't think I will ever be a marathon runner, I have really come to enjoy these short, fast races. I have even missed running this week (I allowed myself a week off) and can't wait to get back into it. There are several more races this summer and I am so excited, hopefully I can fit them all in! James was in charge of picture taking at the race, along with being in charge of 3 highly energetic kids. Needless to say, the child watching trumped the picture taking so we only got a couple right before the race, but enjoy!
May 7th was also my birthday! I had a great day! After the race my mom came over and we made a cake and played with the kids in the yard. That evening James and I went to dinner and shopping and had a really good time. Mothers Day was also really nice, we were able to spend some good quality fam time together and then head to the in-laws for a Mothers Day/Birthday dinner where I stuffed myself with schnitzel.

2 comments:

  1. Chevon! I didn't know it was your birthday! Somehow I missed all those RS announcements...blame it on my prego brain. Glad you had a wonderful day! DeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually kept forgetting it was my birthday too, I was so focused on the race. When they sang to me in Primary I was like, oh yeah, it's my birthday Saturday!

    ReplyDelete